Today is my 23rd birthday.
Before I can say hello to 23-year-old me, I have to bid adieu to 22. This past year was really difficult for me. Looking back, a lot of it was spent feeling sad. My first year out of college – be it an existential crisis or just too much negative energy – was tough. Really tough. And I want it to be no secret that I found it that way, especially in this age of social media. No one’s life is as perfect as their Instagram feed.
Life is hard, but we get through it. And as I get older, I think the lows are just as important as the highs. I’m going to refer to them as growing pains, and my early twenties have already had a lot of them.
Every day I have to remind myself that I’m on my own personal journey. I might not be where I want to be yet, but I will get there. I’m looking forward to what this upcoming year has in store for me.
23 Goals for 23
- Take better care of myself.
- Eat well (less processed, more whole foods)
- Do things that make me happy.
- Be a better daughter, sister, and friend.
- Travel to a new destination.
- Get out of my comfort zone more often.
- Learn how to dive.
- Read 10+ books.
- Watch all the Star Wars movies.
- Make an unlikely friend.
- Volunteer with animals.
- Work towards making my London dreams a reality.
- Visit Mariah in Washington state.
- Experience Harry Potter World Hollywood.
- Take a spin class.
- Spend more time outdoors.
- Write more.
- Smile more.
- Laugh more.
- Continue trusting in the process.
- Keep learning/growing/creating.
- Stay positive.
- Take it one day at a time.
And I’d like to wish a massive happy birthday to all my fellow September babies <3